When it comes to opportunity, Minneapolis and Saint Paul provide unparalleled choice for education, employment, and housing.
- With neighborhood, language immersion, magnet, charter, parochial, and private schools, families are sure to find a school that meets their needs. The Twin Cities are also home to more than a dozen colleges and universities—giving residents easy access to lifelong learning.
- MSP is not a “company town.” The diversity of employers and business in MSP helps to promote economic stability. Minneapolis and Saint Paul have held the number one business climate ranking for the past two-years. Here talented employees and executives can find themselves in some of the country’s largest companies, as well as in diverse and thriving local and small businesses.
- The housing market is rich with options. Whether you’re looking for a single-family home or an apartment, a modest bungalow or palatial lakefront home, a fixer-upper or a brand new condo, a historic neighborhood or a more suburban-scaled community—you can easily find a home and neighborhood that reflects your own personal taste and budget.
- While we haven’t unearthed the Fountain of Youth in our cities, living in MSP ensures that you’ll find neighborhoods that bring families, singles, couples, and retirees together. With abundant school choices and lifelong learning opportunities, high quality healthcare, and convenient ways to get around, Minneapolis and Saint Paul grow with you through life’s many stages.
City living also gives you the opportunity to save money.
- When you think about the costs of buying a home, it is also important to consider the cost of transportation (e.g. gas, car loans, insurance, maintenance), which is the second largest expense after housing. Studies , like this one produced by the Brookings Institution [PDF], show that places—like the neighborhoods of Minneapolis and Saint Paul—with easy access to services and jobs, walkable destinations, and more extensive and frequent transit, have lower household transportation costs. So save your gas money and enjoy the convenience of city living.